Another top 10 Firefox extensions
The first top 10 is here. What can i say, i like making top 10s with the things i like :D. Some of the extensions in the old top 10 are no longer updated, and even if they work, you need an extension like Nightly Tester Tools (see below) to make them work with the latest version of Firefox. Anyway, here goes:
1. Nighty Tester Tools - It fixes extension compatibility (makes them all work with the latest firefox version), and adds a few extras useful to those that regularly test nightly builds of Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird and Toolkit Seamonkey (umong other things).
2. Better GReader – This extension is for Google Reader, and it Compiles some of the best Greasemonkey user scripts and Stylish skins for Google Reader into one convenient interface.
5. Extended copy menu – It adds a “Copy As Html” and “Copy As Plain Text” to the context (right-click) menu. It is useful if you want to copy the text or underlying html from a web page into documents, posts or other applications.
6. Fast Dial - Fast Dial replaces “about:blank” page with a panel of thumbnails of your favorite sites -just like Opera Browser.
7. PDF Download – When you click on a PDF file, PDF Download lets you know, can tell you how big it is, and can then give you the choice to open, download, or convert it to HTML.
8. Forecastfox – Get international weather forecasts from AccuWeather.com, and display it in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable and unobtrusive extension.
9. Tempomail - Allows you to create a temporary email address redirecting each message to your mailbox for a given period of time (like: 4 hours, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month). When this period of time expires, you will not receive any spam from the web sites on which you gave your temporary email address.
10. Text complete – adds shortcuts and auto complete functionality to text fields within web forms, the thunderbird message composer, and various other fields within the firefox browser and thunderbird messagecomposer. You can add a shortcut like: typing ‘p’ in a password field and then pressing ctrl+alt+z (or any keys, you can customize them), text complete inserts your password or word you added in text complete for the letter ‘p’, and so on.