Amarok 2.0 Beta 2 was released
The Amarok team has proudly announced a few hours ago the second beta release of the upcoming Amarok 2.0 music player. The much-anticipated release brings lots of improvements, new features and numerous bug fixes.
The most important changes in Amarok 2.0 Beta 2 are:
· Incremental scanning support;
· Download and listen to public domain audio books, thanks to the LibriVox library included in this version;
· The Last.fm and Lyrics applets were fixed;
· Improved stability.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the features of Amarok 2.0 Beta 2:
· Support for Lyricwiki;
· You can now move files into collections in the Filebrowser;
· Support for Chinese lyrics from mp3.sogou.com;
· CTRL+1 (or 2, 3, 4) will toggle the sidebars;
· URL can be loaded from the clipboard by middle clicking on playlist with your mouse;
· You can now mute the sound if you click on the volume icon (in the toolbar);
· Some arrows were added so you can easily switch between containments;
· If you enable monitoring, Amarok will always check for music collection changes on start-up;
· Amarok will now remember the invisible/visible state of the browsers;
· You can now play music directly from your MTP device;
· A new option to disable or enable the “automatic cover fetching” function was added;
· During music collection scanning, any available playlists will be added to Amarok’s Playlist Browser.
For a complete list of changes and bugfixes in Amarok 2.0 Beta 2, please visit the official release announcement.