Google a dezvaluit configuratia serverelor lor
Nu e atat de interesanta stirea, insa mi-a placut cum a fost scrisa… foarte amuzant:
- Each computer has its own battery back-up built-in–which Google says is more efficient than using a central UPS.
- Google houses its servers in standard shipping containers–1,160 in each, consuming 250 kilowatts.
- Zzzzzzz, heh? Sorry, back to it…..
- Each server has 3.5″, 2 rack units (whatever that means)
- Two processors
- Two hard drives
- Eight memory slots
- A toaster oven–just checking you’re still with me!
- X86 processors from both AMD and Intel
- A Gigabyte built motherboard
- Please! Enough! If you really care about these fine details get a life head to CNET!